Woodchips are currently available
FREE of Charge
from the Evans Highway Department.
- •If you have a truck you can drive to the Highway Barns and they will load them for you.
•If you need to have the chips delivered then a "Right of Entry Permit" must be obtained by printing out the application below, completing it and then they will submit it to the Code Enforcement Office who will then review, approve or disapprove then forward it to the Highway Department.
pdf Right of Entry Permit
- •There is no limit at this time to amount of woodchips.
- •Contact Evans Highway Department at 549-3533 with any questions or
EVANS HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT
RULES FOR BRUSH PICK-UP
1. BRUSH IS TO BE PILED NEATLY NEXT TO ROAD, NOT IN ROADWAY OR IN DITCH.
2. PILE ALL BRUSH IN SAME DIRECTION WITH CUT ENDS FACING TOWARD THE ROAD.
DO NOT CRISSCROSS LIMBS. DO NOT PILE LOGS, STUMPS, OR YARD DEBRIS ON PILE.
3. NO ROOTS WITH DIRT ON THEM, ROOT STUMPS WILL BE PICKED UP AT A LATER DATE
4. ABSOLUTELY, NO METAL OR OTHER GARBAGE. (NO WEEDS, LEAVES OR YARD RAKINGS) THE PILE WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
5. TRY NOT TO CUT BRANCHES INTO SMALL PIECES. THE LONGER THE BETTER. IF BRANCH DIAMETER EXCEEDS 8 INCHES THIS DOES NOT APPLY.
6. ABSOLUTELY NO POISON IVY, SUMMAC, POISON OAK, THORNS, HOG WEED OR BRANCHES WITH BEES NEST ATTACHED.
7. NO LOT CLEARINGS